10 Business Elevating Ideas for the Spring
Here are 10 elevating business Ideas from my shows, reading and Elevation group during March.
1. Are You Multiplying? There are Subtractors, Adders and Multipliers in business. Multipliers do things which have a ripple effect. Which are you and if the latter should you be multiplying more? (Roger Masterson)
2. Business By Walking About – I met Roger Masterson up in his home town of Halifax and rather than a business meeting we went for a hike in the Yorkshire dales. A great way to get to know each other and creatively think about how we could potentially do some work together as well as the invigorating health benefits. Why not arrange a walk about meeting?
3. Get on top of your finance – While chatting with Roger one thing that struck me was that he can tell me his financial position to the day. Do you know your financial situation to the day or only when the accountant works it out?
4. One Step Ahead – Paul Charity the founder of Propel has turned journalism upside down in his market by issuing a newsletter at 6.30am every morning. He has already reported the news while the magazines in his sector are gearing up for a weekly issue.
5. Fill the Gaps – To Master Your market you need to understand your market such that you can work out the gaps and fill them.
6. Great Advertising Copy – With ‘The Elevation Programme’ study group we were studying ‘Scientific Advertising’ this month. An old book but psychology remains the same. Prospects read your literature for information to help them seek action. Don’t boast, be amusing or clever when writing advertising copy. Imagine you are a salesperson sharing key information about your product or service.
7. It is how you Respond – How well are you really responding to Events? How you respond determines your outcomes. Jack Canfield and Amanda Brown.
8. Keep Going – ‘When you are exhausted and things are tough true survivors put in even more effort’ – essence of words said by Survival Expert Bear Grylls picked up while I was watching Born Survivor
9. Have you given yourself the permission to succeed? While interviewing Rob Holcroft, I realized that studying self development and the work of successful people does is give your the permission to be successful whatever your childhood conditioning. By listening to lots of stories of people who have succeeded even with the most challenging backgrounds you realize that if they can do it so can you.
10. Boost energy – If you need some energy Rob tells me that changing posture is a great way to get energised. He strongly advocates you do the superman pose for 2 minutes a day (as we demonstrate below) As Jim Rohan wrote ‘You cannot hire someone else to do your press ups for you’!