8 Questions to Build Employee Engagement
According to research engaged employees deliver 43% more revenue than disengaged. An engaged workforce means happier employees leading to happier customers and increased revenue. Here are 7 key thoughts to help build engagement in your business:
1. Do your top team really understand engagement and build it into their plans?
2. Does your vision speak to the value set of your employees? People love to feel that they are part of a movement or on a mission. So how does your offer link into their purpose? How does it link into doing good? As one graduate once said to me ‘which companies out there could make me a better person’? Are you helping your employees to deliver on their sense of doing good while they are in their job while nurturing them to become better people?
3. Are your people in the right roles that link to their natural interests and capabilities? Square pegs in round holds restrict performance. Round pegs in round holes often over deliver?
4. What do you do that builds a sense of fun and community in your organization or team? How could you do things better and differently
5. Are your leaders and employees empowered to show appreciation for co-workers who have delivered added value? At Zappos for example employees give a small financial gift to people who have delivered them great service during the past month. How is great service acknowledged?
6. How do you bring the sustainability agenda into your business? Does your company have the right balance between commercialization and humanitarianism? Companies who get the balance right enjoy a premium perception eg BMW, Ritz Carlton …
7. Do you effectively re-motivate or remove employees who bring the organization down and promote those who bring it up?
8. What behaviours and situations in your organization inhibit engagement and what could promote it?
At Chris Cooper we specialize in elevating businesses through ‘engagement’. Do contact us if we can help – firstname.lastname@example.org