Insights for Elevating Your Relationships (and Results) in 2015
Inspired this month by interviews with Matt Bird, Nigel Risner and Shawn Casemore, lunch with Adrienne Lawler today and studying ‘The Tipping Point’ by Malcolm Gladwell with my ‘TEP’ Group, I thought I would summarise some key relationship ideas to help you elevate your business and opportunities in 2015. And perhaps one in particular might make all the difference to the quality of your Christmas!
1. Go through life collecting, keeping and building great relationships. And build relationships before you need them! Remember most jobs go
unadvertised! Go through life building relationships of quality and these will impact your life opportunities. (Matt Bird)
2. Make sure you have a great Linkedin Profile. Does yours reflect you well? Think of it as your CV! (Chris Cooper)
3. Leave people feeling better than when you walked in the room. People will always remember how you made them feel. Build your charisma like Nikki Owen.
4. The business cards of relevance are the ones you collect and follow up on. You cannot rely on other people to do something with yours? Follow up
quickly. (Matt Bird)
5. Be interesting by being really interested in others rather than trying to be interesting yourself. (Chris Cooper and Adrienne Lawler)
6. Giving the gift of time and interest in someone else can yield unexpected gifts. As Matt Bird says ‘Generosity is at the heart of good relationships’.
7. I asked Shawn Casemore how he had such a fast start to his business 3 years ago. He said ‘I had 230 contacts including
friends and family. I rang everyone of them within a month’. Don’t forget personal contact.
8. Those people whose products and services tip often connect their ideas with Connectors (those people who know lots of people), Mavens (those
people with great knowledge in their market place) and Salespeople (people who are great at selling to others). Who do you know in your network
who fits into these categories? Why not build better relationships with them.
9. Want to elevate your career through relationships in 2015 check out the Hilary Wilson interview.
10. This Christmas let your family really appreciate your playful presence (both mental and physical) not just your presents! Thanks Nigel Risner!
Have a really fun filled Christmas and New Year.