Chris Cooper on Kenyan Leadership Quest 9th -16th Sept
After a tremendous interview with Lindsay Levin, founder of Leaders Quest, Chris has been invited to participate in a Leaders Quest event in Nairobi from 9th September. Potentially the start of an exciting collaboration. Chris’s agenda includes meeting and learning from leaders who are making a big contribution to Kenyan society. This may prove to be hugely elevating, heart wrenching and challenging.
– a visit to the Human Needs Project building infrastructure and opportunities in Kibera Africa’s largest slum
– a visit to the Scion Real and African Digital Media Institute to understand how this project is powering the dreams of young Kenyans with Laila Macharia named by London Times as ‘one of Africa’s top 20 power women’
– an introduction to Hivi Sasa and how they are promoting best practice journalism and a space for Kenyan citizens to discuss societal issues.
– a meeting with a Kenyan poet and political activist
– a visit to Maji Moto Eco Camp to understand traditional leadership with the Maasai and a night sleeping under the stars (while avoiding lions)
– Meeting Akirachix who equip women to thrive in the world of tech and develop soft skills to become successful entrepreneurs
Chris will also take the time to meet a telecoms company who have expressed interest in Chris Cooper helping them build engagement across their organization. He will also produce a video blog during his travels. To access it you can connect with him on his personal page on Facebook @chrisdcooper1